The building is located in via Contea. It has a majestic 17th century carved portal.
Palazzo Mollo – Adami
It stands in piazza Vittorio Veneto, and keeps an early 17th century portal carved with flowers and spirals.
Memorial to the fallen of the two World wars
Two plaques reporting the names of the soldiers fallen for their country stand in Piazza Vittorio Veneto in memory of the soldiers who died during the two World Wars. In the middle, the bronze statue representing Italy has a star on top, the symbol of the Nation, and a laurel wreath in one hand, the symbol of glory.
Ruined Dominican monastery
It is located at the entry of the town in the area popularly called Croce. Only few remains of the walls of the 16th century monastery are still visible. The area where it stood belonged to the Dominicans.
Church of Madonna di Monte Oliveto – Easter Monday
The Church of Madonna di Monte Oliveto is located in the municipality of Pedace but, following an ancient tradition, after the Mass the statue is carried in procession around Serra Pedace streets too. The devotion was spread by the Olivetan monks from Arezzo, whose ancient monastery can still be admired. An ancient altarpiece depicting Madonna with Child, and the landscapes of the two towns at their feet, as to protect them, stands in the central apse of the church.
Festival of Saint Donatus Bishop and Martyr (patron saint) – Second Sunday of August
Prior to the festival, novena is preached following up-to-date themes specified by the Church, and it culminates in the Eucharistic celebration officiated by the parish priest together with a preacher father. In the afternoon, the solemn procession, preceded by a marching band, takes place. On the way back to the church, the statue of the Patron saint is carried on shoulders by a group of faithful who go around the large square many times to invoke protection and help. The festival ends in the evening, with music shows and fireworks. “Cuccìa”, a local delicacy made of wheat and pork meat, is traditionally served on this day.
Saint Alexander’s Day – August 26
Celebrations take place in the forested district of Silvana Mansio.
After the ritual celebrations (mass and procession) visitors can enjoy traditional games and music shows.
Chestnut Festival - October
The Chestnut Festival is the feast of sounds, tastes and flavors. This is a way to welcome fall by celebrating the fruit that, historically, together with coal and dairy products, were the basis of the main economic activities of the area. It takes place at the end of October and offers chestnut-based recipes, exhibitions, trips into chestnut forests and a lot of delicious roast chestnuts. The event is accompanied by the sound of drums evoking very deep emotions.
Church of San Donato, Bishop and Martyr
The Latin cross church was built in the 14th century in the Romanic style. A stairway with two flights leads to the Church entrance. The main body of the building is higher than the wings. It has three portals and three naves. The ceiling of the central nave was decorated in 1951 with frescoes by Settimio Tancredi from Pietrafitta. The right nave houses four altars dedicated to Saint Lucy, the Sacred Family, Saint Francis of Paola and the Deposition of Christ respectively. A wooden baptismal font and a painting depicting Saint John baptizing Jesus (dated 1889) stand in the left nave. Four steps lead to the marble main altar overlooked by a large canvas depicting “The visit of the Magi”. The fine wooden choir was carved in 1871 by Giuseppe Legnetti who also made the entrance screen.
Church of Immacolata
The single nave Gothic style church was built in the 16th century. It is located in the middle of the town. A rose window decorates the façade. The quadrangular bell tower is adorned with mullioned windows with two and three lights. The church houses the decorated marble main altar, the altar with a 19th century painting of Our Lady of the Rosary and the altar dedicated to the Immaculate Conception displaying the coat of arms of the Adami family. A 19th century canvas depicting the Deposition of Christ stands centrally in the nave.
Church of San Giovanni
The 19th century small church was abandoned many years ago. Inside, even the marbles that covered the altar were robbed. The façade is adorned with a fine portal and some mullioned windows giving light to the liturgy room.
Church of S. Maria di Costantinopoli "Cona"
This small church was built in the 17th century. It has a rectangular single nave with a plank ceiling. Two niches are located along the inner side walls. The three windows that are visible today were found in 1997 during restoration works. The church keeps a wooden altar carved with golden decorations by 17th century Calabrian workers. The painting that stands on the altar replaced an ancient artwork destroyed by a fire. The entrance is adorned with an intrados arch, made of Mendicino stone, and a wooden portal. The building stands in the upper area of the town and it is known as the Church of the “Cona”.
Church of Sant’Alessandro
The small church was built in the 1930s in the charming mountain area of Silvana Mansio. A rose window adorns the plain façade and the portal has a mosaic on top.