Traditional tourism characterizes Badolato Marina that hosts a great number of visitors.
Badolato has been awarded the title of Borgo Autentico 2011 (Authentic village 2011). Badolato foundation goes back to the 10th century when Robert Guiscard duke of Calabria in 1080 decided to build a pacific village where some huts inhabited by poor shepherds already existed. Since the beginning, the village was well protected, as shown by the 12th century surrounding walls and the castle. The castle with its tower was a lookout for Saracen or Turkish incursions that troubled Calabria population during the Late Middle Age. Badolato became with time a notable religious center because Basilian, Franciscan and Dominican monks used to gather there, and created several confraternities that still operate and take care of the wonderful churches and monasteries built in the past centuries.
Badolato is the town of Churches because thirteen churches can be visited; they are located as to protect the town on all four sides. The wonderful Church of Immacolata rises up beyond the Eastern town gateway on a small hill and from there a delightful view of the entire coast from Capo Colonna to Punta Stilo can be enjoyed. Construction was initiated in 1686; the granite main door was the work of stonemasons from Serra San Bruno. Two columns on a pedestal support the architrave with a recess reporting the years of foundation (1686) and restoration (1859). Inside the church, the plastered ceiling was decorated by artists from Serra San Bruno. The barrel vault is divided in three frames. The Church of Santa Maria degli Angeli is situated on a small hill in front of the town (Petta degli Angeli). Inside the church there is a 18th century wooden crucifix and a rich hanging pulpit of the same period that were preserved by the group of people living there who restored them. The Church of Santa Maria della Sanità is an ancient Medieval Basilian center of the 10th century located three kilometers far from the village. The church once retained a statue group. The building presents a picturesque arcade portico covered with wooden beams. The Church of Badolato Marina is at the town center and includes the rectory and the parish complex in a single building.
Badolato Marina has a marina called Le Bocche di Gallipari.