The historical importance of Ricadi is evidenced by several archaeological findings discovered in the area. Overhanging cliffs, sand beaches, cave and inlets that can be reached only by sea, alternate along the seashore. Before the tourism boom, Ricadi was a small fishing village. Later, clean sea water and suggestive landscapes attracted an increasing number of tourists. Capo villages, the so-called casali, share their history with Tropea that dominated them for a long period. In 1806, under Joseph Napoleon, king of the two Sicilies, the kingdom was divided into Provinces, Districts and Communities, and Ricadi was assigned to the Province of Calabria Ulteriore, District of Monteleone, Community of Tropea. In 1808, by Napoleone’s Royal Assent, Ricadi was established as an independent municipality with its own mayor. Probably, the hamlets of S. Domenica, Ciaramiti, S. Nicolò, Brivadi, Orsigliadi and Brattirò were first assigned to Ricadi jurisdiction. Later, Brattirò was assigned to Drapia, and Lampazzone and Barbalaconi, that belonged to Spilinga, were included into Ricadi territory. In 1894, following the construction of the Naples-Reggio Calabria railway, Ricadi began to develop both economically and socially.